Sunday, July 26, 2009

The storyteller


Yasmin Ahmad
1958-2009
May Allah bless you.
Rest in peace.
:(

Found the news when Ashman posted about it on FB.
The 15Malaysia group was keeping tabs on her condition, and it was just announced around a half hour ago, give or take some minutes.
And I just found her blog like five minutes ago.
I've admired her, yes. But never really took the time to watch all her stuff, never got around to finding out more about her.

Well it's never too late to do that.

She'll be missed.

2 comments:

N.W. said...

She's...gone?

Last I checked, she was in stable condition.

I've always admired her work, though - even if they were sometimes trite and cliched in a morally-charged sort of way.

Ski said...

Yeah, but I think the cliches made it heartwarming, to me anyways. :)