Saturday, July 11, 2009

Limey tuna

Semester 1 is over.

Went to the orphanage yesterday. I'll admit I was awkward at first.
But the kids are all so sweet. :)

The first kid I talked to was this little boy who wanted a pen to colour with. Gave him my purple pen, the one I've been writing Physics notes with since Form 4. Haha. He said his name was Amalata. Well that's what it sounded like. He asked me to write it down for him, so I spelled it out the best I could. I think he lost interest in me after a while (lol) and went off with his book.

Then there was a girl ... she couldn't speak. She kept making humming noises and little shrieks. She brought a book over and Aishah and I read a bit of it to her. Whenever she got excited, she'd squeal and butt her head into my shoulder. She tried to take my glasses a few times. Haha. She even brought a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles graphic novel over. I was like: O_O HOLY CRAP GRAPHIC NOVEL. And it was in pretty good condition too. I tried to read some of it, but it was kinda difficult cos she kept turning the pages for me. xD

After that I just sort of flitted around from group to group. Sang Rasa Sayang with one of the girls. Then had a group photo session. Real quick one.

I enjoyed myself, anyways. :)

One of the cakes Mama baked for the party.

Today, went to Mandarin class in the morning and helped Mama make sandwiches for Alyssa and Adam's birthday party. My little cousins. Surprising how awesome tuna sandwiches taste when you add in some lime juice and black pepper. Oh and mayo. Yum. Also, I've become a regular driver now. Haha! That one trip to fetch Mira really boosted my confidence.
I'm exhausted right now. Just really tired.

Before I retire (i.e. run off and play Sims2) ...

GO TO DR. MAHATHIR'S BLOG.
If you've got a bone to pick with the switching of Science and Maths back to BM.
AND VOTE VOTE VOTE.


EDIT:
One of the cakes Mama made for the party. The cake box squished it last minute, which is why the mouth is a little smudged.

Reconstructive surgery! Hahaha.

1 comment:

N.W. said...

Why are you taking Mandarin classes? o_o

Anyways, my sister mixes wasabi with mayonnaise for her tuna sandwiches. Apparently she finds it nice. O__o