Monday, July 27, 2009

Eternity

First things first ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VANESSA! :D

Anyway, first day of second semester!
I think it went by OK.
During IIT, this guy came in and everyone fell silent. I remember thinking, so this is our new lecturer. Hahaha, it'd be so funny if he wasn't.
Guess what.
He wasn't!
It was kinda funny. Haha.
Turns out whoever our lecturer is supposed to be s/he was sick today so we had two hours to kill. I dunno how we're going to cope our Mondays from now on ... we only get one hour of break with four different classes from morning to evening. What a nightmare.

Suki brought his new car today, so a group of us (Azhar, Vanessa, Michelle, Fyra, Jovenne and I) went to check it out. We could see it from across the road outside the college building, it was so striking. Haha. And it was pretty far away, considered. Just ... really stood out. Azhar took it for a test ride with all of us piled up inside the car. It was scary.

Oh and a lot of people were sporting new hairdos.
Totally random sentence sitting in the middle here like this.

During ECS we talked about what we're going to do for our English drama project for this semester. I'm pretty excited about it. Right now we're supposed to look up books that we can adapt into a stage play. Ms. M is leaning towards To Kill A Mockingbird. I love that book, but I think it'll be a little too heavy to turn into a drama. I'm worried it might end up boring. :/

So we all went off to do some research on possible script ideas.
And I stumbled upon Tuck Everlasting.
I saw the last five minutes of the movie once when I was 12 on Disney Channel. After that I waited and waited for them to show it again but they never did. I wanted to buy the book it was based on, but for some strange reason ... I never did. And the book just faded away from my conscious mind.
I read the synopsis just now at college.
And ... I kinda fell in love with it.
It's got some Twilight elements in there with the whole immortal thing going on, minus vampires, bad writing, lame plot-twists and annoying female lead. I watched it just now on YouTube. Here's the first part of the movie:



My eyes got watery at the end. I am so pitching this idea on Thursday's class.

No comments: