Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spilling intestines and stuff


Spent the past couple days watching the whole of season 5.

Spoilers ahead, I guess.

Firstly, my reviewing has sucked lately and for that I apologise. I only ever do proper reviewing nowadays for college assignments, and I haven't really reviewed anything in this blog since the Abhorsen trilogy. I think. I'm just going to post some random thoughts here, so don't expect a real review.
K. My overall thought? So. Depressing. I cried a few times. Especially the part with the little girl that Bailey lay down with because her dad was too busy trying to find a plane ticket to Mexico. I found the lesbian plot between Erica and Callie very annoying, mostly because I thought that Erica was a total bitch. Haha.
I quite liked the dorkiness of Derek and Meredith's romance, even though asking whether or not they were going to make it through as a couple for long got really old. The whole 'this brainscan shows the very first time we scrubbed in together yay!' thing was so cute. Also Derek giving Meredith that diseased kidney in a jar as a forgive-me present. And how his wedding present to her was a solo surgery. Haha.
Also, I think little Grey is cute. In a little bunny that remembers everything sort of way.
The episode where all the graduating college students died except for the valedictorian gave me shivers. Along with that guy who got into the car crash, the way he kept saying over and over again, how he was just going to the back and the crash shouldn't have happened. So depressing.

But the number one depressing moment?
The ending.
Sniff.
I mean, most of us know that Katherine Heigl and T.R. Knight are leaving the show but I didn't expect them to leave so ... depressingly. I think it's a sort of consolation that as best friends, they died on the same day and sort of accompanied each other. But still! Especially the way George had to go, I was in shock. I get sad every time I think about it. I always watched the show for Izzie and George, mostly because I like to look at their faces. Heh.
And now they're gone.
Maybe.
The finale was very vague.
Gah.

I actually had a dream about people having surgeries last night.
I need to watch something cheerful.
Hahaha.

Random note: I think I've actually seen that Grey's Book of Anatomy before in the SA library. I could be mistaken. I just sorta remember finding it during one of the debate research sessions in Form 4. (/random)

No comments: