Saturday, December 26, 2009

Avatar inspired shoes


Tried my hand at shoe painting for the very first time. :)

Base colour.

Hehe. Blue stripes. Avatar-inspired! I have that movie on the brain.
(After watching it in 3-D, watch the Making of it. It's pretty darn awesome.)



Finished pair.
Took me half a day, including time spent taking breaks and stuff. It was loads of fun.
I sprayed them to keep the paint from coming off but I'm still a little nervous about it. Gotta go buy a new can specially made for fabrics because the one I've got is for paper. Then going to put it through a wash just to be extra careful.

The laces that came with the shoes were white but I replaced them with the ones from my old NS shoes. Can't wear them anymore because the inside sole has peeled off. Those shoes lasted me a whole year! In fact, a year ago tomorrow was my very first day in camp.

Hmmm, memories.

No comments: