Friday, January 15, 2010

Bother


I've been reading 'A Spot of Bother' by Mark Haddon for the past week.
It has made me ridiculously depressed.
The past few days I've just been ... drifting. And feeling over-emotional. Overthinking things. Feeling strangely alone even though I'm surrounded by happy, smiling people cracking jokes and stuff.
I BLAME THIS BOOK.
:(
It's about this old man who starts to go crazy when he thinks that he's getting cancer. He starts to have depressing thoughts and every time I read it it makes me feel depressed and upset. And then his family life just seems to fall apart around him. Even more depressing. And he keeps crying about how he thinks he's going to die of cancer. And Mark Haddon is such a brilliant writer; he captures human emotion in words so well. You empathise with what the character is going through.

I feel so miserable.
I'm happy to note that I'm not suicidal after finishing the book.
I had to finish the book, couldn't just leave it.

I think I need to go cheer myself up now.

No comments: