Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Two Years


More than a week ago was the 2nd of December, marking mine and Nick's second anniversary together. What can I say? He's one of my best friends, and he makes me laugh all the time. We were friends for almost a year before we got together, and he knows me so well. I can be myself around him, and despite all my lame jokes and antics, he still layan me (after shooting me with the Nerf gun for my lameness though).

Getting the chance to study here in Adelaide together has been an amazing time, and I'm happy he's here with me, keeping me sane and grounded, looking after me when I'm down. The best part is always having someone willing to go on adventures with me, and we've done all kinds of stuff here, from travelling around Kangaroo Island to looking out for platypuses in Aldgate. 

We decided to visit someplace new for December the 2nd, so we chose Hallett Cove Beach. We initially wanted to go to Marino Rocks, but Fyra suggested Hallett Cove instead. So we prepared a sort of picnic lunch and took the train from Adelaide to Hallett Cove.


This mural was at the underground tunnel at the train station. It was so pretty, I couldn't help but take a picture. The walk from the train station to the beach took about five minutes, and the view was gorgeous!


We took a bench facing the ocean. There were quite a few people around as well, also having picnics. We could see people walking around on the beach below with their dogs. The dogs seemed really happy, some of them rolling around in the shallow water and chasing after gulls.


We had a pretty simple picnic. I made some potato salad with minced beef, while Nick baked a bunch of stuff like shrimp toasts and spring rolls and wrapped it up in foil to keep it warm. We even had some cheese twists and dip. It was a satisfying lunch, very peaceful. It was very windy there though, what with the breeze blowing in from the sea.


This is Ezno, a friend we made while we were there. His owner was walking him down the path in front of us, and he stopped and turned around to put his head on Nick's lap. He was really friendly, he started moving around between the both of us, trying to get more attention. He was a big boy too, and his fur was soft. Strangely camera-shy though; when I tried to take a picture, he wouldn't sit still.


Once lunch was done with, we packed our stuff and climbed down the steps to the beach. It's a nice place, and the rocks were in all kinds of colours, all sanded down reds, browns, greys and blues. There was a walking trail going up the hill in the picture above, apparently part of the Hallett Cove Conservation Park or something like that. Too bad we didn't have the time to check it out.


Check out those rocks! Beautiful beach. We spent a while just walking around the beach and taking pictures before going back up. While resting on one of the benches, Ezno and his owner came back, having made a round of the beach. He seemed happy to see us again, haha! His owner was really friendly too, we talked for a bit before we had to go to catch the train back to the city.


Back in the city, we had dinner together at Kishi Sushi, a little sushi bar on Rundle Street. Sundays are their promotion days, with all their sushi train plates going for $3, so we decided to make full use of it. I had a pretty satisfying dinner, and definitely a wonderful day. 

To Nick:
I had an amazing time, and really, discovering new places with you is one of the highlights of our time here in Adelaide. Here's to even more adventures together in the future. <3 nbsp="nbsp">

No comments: