Friday, December 14, 2012

Pack It Up


I'm slowly packing stuff away, and my room looks like it's been turned upside down, with everything scattered all over the floor and boxes and bags everywhere. I took the picture above just before I started taking photographs down so I can pack them away to be shipped home. 

It's been a busy December, and I'm finding myself clinging to the days, willing time to stretch so that it will accommodate my reluctance to leave. Sure, I've got a lot to look forward to back in Malaysia, but for almost a year, this place has been my home. The people here are home too - I must be one of the luckiest people alive to have friends like these here with me, and they've been the best adopted family anybody could ask for. 

I just sent off my boxes this morning, so that's one thing less to worry about. The week's been eventful, but I'm sure the last of the gang here in Adelaide has met up for the last time, all of us together on our own, no parents around. Next week marks the arrival of a lot of families, and everyone will be busy with their relatives. 

I'm not counting down the days. Just taking things one day at a time.

No comments: