Thursday, October 27, 2011

Adelaide Taster Trip Part Un


I have returned from the land Down Under! :D I've been home for a few days and I do believe it is time for an update. Here is the top part of my luggage, complete with Autobots and Purple Kangaroo luggage tags. The bag is actually Nazim's, which is why there is an Autobots luggage tag. The purple kangaroo (I have named her Kangapearl) is mine.


The flight was 6 hours and 40 minutes. I managed to sleep for about 3 hours of it, can't say the same for my parents though. It was kinda uncomfortable. Tried to watch Mukhsin on the in-flight screen thing but got too sleepy halfway through. I had this fish meal thingy at about midnight Malaysian time, which was delicious! Shame I was too sleepy to finish all of it. Anyway, above is a view of Hindley Street, which is where the apartments we stayed at was. Apparently it's nightlife area? Haha.


Reunited with my girls! Gosh, the feeling I had when I saw them walking down the street towards me, haha! I felt a little emotional. Sammie being Sammie came running up and tackle-hugged me. Then Fyra and Aishah got their turns to hug. I realise now that I didn't take enough pictures with Fyra during the trip. :( But here she is!


We were waiting for the tram. Can I just say that Adelaide is such a quaint city? It's so small and cute. Klang Valley feels like a huge universe in comparison.  


This was one part of our lunch. Some kind of prawn thingy, can't remember the name. It was delicious! The prawns were super fresh. And the potatoes tasted lovely. We mostly ate seafood because we weren't so sure about the meat being halal. There's a reasonable amount of halal places to eat in the city though, so that's convenient. :)


After lunch the girls and I went to the park while my parents went to do their own thing. There are pedal boats on the river! So cute. I, being a tourist, decided to have a go. It was fun. We took a lot of pics but they're all with Aishah because I left Perry on the shore with Sammie. Pedaled around watching birds crap into the river, swans swimming around and even found a duck nest with three little ducklings in it. Awww.


Here, have a swan.


This is the view from the park, walking towards the city. I love the air there, it's very different from home. Crisper, in a way. And not quite so polluted. The streets are pretty clean, and the public transport is loads more reliable, haha. Anyway, we spent the rest of the day hanging around my apartment, catching up mostly. That's pretty much it for my first day. I'll update about Day 2 when I can. :) For now it is time to go back to the assignment grind! Or at least do something productive. Like draw. Hehe. 

Till next time! <3

No comments: