Saturday, September 11, 2010

Sweet noms

This here is a plate of all the kuih raya my family and I baked during the week before Raya. One of each! Middle is a pineapple tart, clockwise from top, honey cornflakes, chocolate chip and almond cookie, jam tart, a slice of kek lapis, kuih suji and a cornflake cookie.

The honey cornflakes are by Mama. Pineapple tart, cornflake cookies and chocolate chip and almond cookies by me and Mira. Jam tart by Mira, kuih suji by Acu and the kek lapis is my baby. I love kek lapis. I love making kek lapis. :)

Voila, wall of kuih.

Kek lapis in the making. Clocked in at 7 hours with 18 layers in total.
After I was done Mama said that I smelled like kek lapis. The kitchen smells gorgeous during the pre-raya week. Haha.

Chocolate chip and almond cookies before going into the oven.

Pineapple tarts pre-baking. Looks the same, I know.
The pineapple jam stuff is really sticky. Mira said that you could totally suffocate and die if you somehow got stuck in a vat of it. Death from trying to eat your way out and getting your face stuck in it, hence suffocating yourself.
*cough* Moving on.

That, my friends is a cup of dark chocolate chunks sitting in a tub of batter which will soon become the cornflake cookies.

Cookie dough. Hmm hmm.
The cornflake cookies are another personal favourite of mine. They're a combination of cornflakes, dark chocolate chunks, milk chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and cookie dough. So very good. You don't know how much I had to hold myself back from licking the spoon while making this stuff.

That's all the pics I have, I don't have any from the stuff I had no hand in baking, sadly. I'll update about Raya soon, once I get the photos from Mira. :)