Thursday, September 17, 2009

Layer me this

Baked kek lapis yesterday.

Two big things about making kek lapis:
1) Separating 30 eggs. :O
2) Building the cake layer by layer by layer.

Only the yolk will be used to make the cake. Only 5 egg whites are needed.
So the rest of the egg whites?
Well we'll be having a lot of yolk-less eggs for breakfast in the near future. :p

Separate the mix into two, one with rempah and one without.

First layer! This was around 11 or 12 in the afternoon.

FINALLY DONE.
7 hours later.
I spent the whole day in the kitchen with the laptop. Whee.
It rained in the evening so it wasn't so hot.
Sadly, I made the layers too thin so you can't really see the layer pattern. :( Still beating myself up about it. At least it tastes good. Hmmm.

Oh and as is tradition with every exam season:

Drawing yayyyy. :B
Sabriel (the girl) and Mogget (the cat) from the Abhorsen trilogy.
So. I've been re-reading the Abhorsen trilogy (best modern-ish fantasy book series ever forever in a bed of clover). I'd forgotten just how awesome it is. Sabriel (main character) is about the ONLY female main character in a fantasy series that I do not hate. She is cool. Very cool. The fact that Garth Nix is trying to make a movie out of this baby gives me happy tingly chills. If they do it properly it could be amazingly awesome. Like, zombie horror meets fantasy slash romance.

And Touchstone's actor better be pretty damn hot. Because I've built him to look like Hugh Dancy in my mind. Mmmph.

No comments: