Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Team Trip to the Cove


It's hard to believe that two years ago this month, I first started working life. Graduation was more than two years ago, can you believe it? I'm amazed at how much time has gone by, and how it has managed to feel brief as well as incredibly long. 

The past couple of months have been particularly busy, and I've definitely had my fair share of challenges during that time frame. But 2015 has arrived with a host of changes in tow. Insya'allah it will be a good year. The month started out quite packed. Lots of things to do at work, among which was planning for our annual team retreat.

Our team is slightly bigger this year, and the fact that the rain stopped on Day 2 prior to our outdoor team building made this trip 100% more fun than last year's! I'm quite proud of how it went. We spent a night at Avillion Admiral Cove, which is a relatively comfortable hotel nestled beside a marina club. 

We got a nice and spacious meeting room until 10pm - amazing, considering other hotels usually only offer their meeting rooms for office hours. The actual hotel rooms were clean and spacious, though many of us had issues with changing the channel of the TV while we were there. It's like the hotel wants us to only watch the news channel all day. Haha!

Food was good as well. This was the first time that I've ever found crabs served in a buffet. And I loved their creamy soups and buns. Delicious.



I kinda wish that we could have spent an extra night. This felt really short, though I did enjoy it immensely. It also helps that I've got a great team to work with. The 'Tough Nation' team building course we joined for Day 2 was really fun, reminding me of my days back in prefect's camp. I'm blessed to have had the opportunity to experience this kind of thing so many times in my life, from prefect's camp to national service and team offsites. Hope to be able to plan another great retreat for next year!

No comments: