Tuesday, January 27, 2015

All Together Now



I meant to write this post a few days ago, but it's always about finding the mood to write nowadays. But I just finished an episode of Friends, from Season 1 where Rachel is still new to the group and realising her life will be OK despite her leaving Barry at the altar and getting by as a waitress. Because she's got her friends. And I got sentimental for a moment remembering something I said a few weeks back ...

When I was a teenager in secondary school, I'd watch Friends and think, gosh wouldn't it be awesome to have what they have? A group of people who have your back, people you can spend all night and day hanging out with? I really felt blessed when I met this group in Taylor's. Getting to spend a year with them in Adelaide just cemented our bond.

Last Saturday was the first time most of us have been together in a very long time (exception of Lynn who couldn't make it ;__;). It was the first time Nick and I climbed with Fyra, her sisters, and Syakir, followed by dinner with the Adelaide/Taylor's family. 

We may not get to see each other every day anymore, but I find happiness in how we can meet up from time to time and still have a great time together. I love these people.

No comments: