Monday, August 5, 2013

Nad + Amjed = Engaged!


The past six months have been a major turning point in my life, and I guess it's all to do with growing up. Working full-time means I'm finally an adult, and though I've been paying adult prices for tickets and that kinda thing, it's still kind of jarring to realise that is what I am now - that student discount is no longer a benefit, haha! 

One event in particular really drove home how our teenaged years are indeed over; Nad's engagement in early July kind of cemented that. Nick came to pick me and Aidil up from Bukit Jelutong so we could carpool together to Nad's place, knowing how narrow and crowded her street will be. We arrived pretty early, so we ended up sitting in the car and waiting for Sophie and Hannah to turn up.


There was quite a lot of people, with family from both sides and friends as well. I didn't get to see the actual engagement take place as there were so many people in the way so it blocked my view. By the time I moved to a better vantage point, the formalities were over and everyone had started taking photos.


The food was really good, and by the end of the night I was completely stuffed. There was chicken, beef, lamb, salad, bread, rice ... all of it good, and I went for seconds! The salad gave me happy feelings, the minty dressing was refreshing.



We had a lot of time to just hang out and take pictures. We still hadn't spoken to Nad yet at this point as she was so busy. It wasn't until much later that we finally got her to ourselves. I was going back to the food table at one point and it just so happened that she was just coming out of the house. When I went over to hug her, I had to hold back tears, that's just how happy I was. I can't help it if I'm an emotional sap, haha.  



Here are the happy couple! A big congratulations to Nad and Amjed ... the wedding is still a while away, but I'm looking forward to it. So happy for the two of you. :')

No comments: