Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The VH Adventure Part Four: Whale Tail and Journeying Home


This is the last post about the Victor Harbor Adventure! Here are Part One, Part Two and Part Three. This is definitely the most blogging I've done in months.

The last day at Victor Harbor dawned bright and sunny. It was the warmest day since we got there, which is a shame I guess. Just our luck, getting the coldest day the time we arrived. Nick, Sammie and I were the earliest risers, so we set about making eggs for breakfast; scrambled eggs with buttermilk. There was also some pancake mix left too, so we mixed that up with buttermilk as well. It was a pretty good breakfast.


We left around 10 am, as that was check-out time. We really didn't have to hurry, but I felt safer leaving at the time that we were told to, just in case somebody was supposed to move in on that day after us. I tried calling The Big Duck Boat Tours to see if I could book a last minute whale-watching tour, but they were fully-booked. :( Oh well. Maybe I'll see whales another time in the future, Insya'allah. 

As we really had no plans for the day, we just went to the playground, relived our childhoods and revisited the carnival area. No desserts this time though - everyone was a bit apprehensive of the ice-cream after Fyra's stomach aches the day before. 


Nigel wanted to try this hot dog stall near the whale tail fountain, where they sell German hot dogs. We hung around there for a while, watching kids playing in the fountain and gulls trying to coerce people into giving up their food. Sammie accidentally dripped some ketchup and mustard onto her pale purple jeans. Thus began a frenzy of Googling how to remove ketchup stains, haha! We went to Cafe Primo for lunch, and she cleaned up in the toilets there. The stain came off pretty easily, thank goodness.


Cafe Primo at Victor Harbor is puh-riceeeeyyy. Good thing I had some vouchers with me for half off the second main dish you order. Fyra, Nick and I shared two dishes - Risotto Funghi and Salmon Spaghetti.


Check that out. It was delicious! I loved the risotto especially. The mushrooms were so lovely and juicy. They made me happy. And the spaghetti was in some kind of sweet, honey cream sauce. It was a bit strange at first, but it went really well with the salmon. After lunch, we went to a chocolate shop where Nick and I shared a double scoop ice-cream: Kangaroo Island Honey and Pavlova flavoured. It was pretty good. I could feel my health points decreasing, the way I was eating at Victor Harbor. So much sweet stuff.

We boarded the bus at 12.30pm, and so began the two hour journey home. It was supposed to be an hour and a half, I'm not sure what happened. The bus was stifling inside, and I ended up napping because of boredom and heat. Exiting the bus was such a relief. 

Funny how, when I got off the bus, I felt different. Victor Harbor made me feel like a parent, haha! It was a great experience, and I'm so happy and grateful that I got the chance to go on holiday with my most loved Adelaide-ians. It definitely was an adventure. 

No comments: