Monday, October 29, 2012

Mechanical Bull, Inflatable Dinosaur


I haven't posted in a while ... been pretty busy, since all my final assignments are due soon. Doesn't mean I've only been doing assignments though! It's been an eventful last few weeks, so it's been fun. I got to ride a mechanical bull in the middle of Rundle Mall, for only a dollar. They were raising money for SCOSA, which is the Spastic Centres for South Australia. 


Surprisingly, not a lot of people were lining up for it. I guess they were a little wary? Nick and I have been on a mechanical bull before during Taylor's Commfest in 2010, so we were pretty excited to give it another go. They said we'd get one ride, but we both got two instead! That was nice.


Later in that week, we decided to try something new. So we visited a new place. Burnside Village is a really fancy upper-class mall out in the Eastern suburbs. That particular suburb also happens to be the location of the most expensive house in South Australia - nine million dollars' worth, with an Olympic sized swimming pool and its own parking lot. 


The mall itself is pretty gorgeous. It's a lot of open space, and there's even a huge gum tree living in the middle of the mall. All things considered, it's a nice, bright mall, but there's not much to do there. Not for us anyway. The shops were all high-end, and there were not a lot of food options. We ended up eating some sushi, which was nice. There just wasn't a lot of variety.


After walking around for a bit, we ended up at Cocolat, which is this dessert shop. I got a 'Wild Thing', which is a sort of chocolate cake topped with a sort of hard, sugary shape. Sorry my description is not at all poetic, haha. It was alright, though I felt that it was kind of overpriced, compared to other dessert shops I've been to. 

It's around this time when Sammie suddenly got appendicitis. It was unexpected, and I got a call from her boyfriend at about 10pm, saying that she's in the hospital. I think I freaked out a bit, it was so out of the blue, haha. The next day we all went to visit her after the surgery.


On the way to the hospital, we found a girl who was making balloon animals in the middle of Rundle Mall. So we got a dino-balloon for Sammie. It's so cute and angry looking. Haha. Anyway, Sammie's pretty much recovered now - she's walking around, so that's good. Gave us quite a scare though.

I've got more stuff I'd like to update with, but that can wait for another post. I've got to leave for class in fifteen minutes. It's my last week of university classes! Hasn't quite sunk in yet. 

No comments: