Monday, September 10, 2012

Polka Dotted Bovine


Thanks to UniLodge's Community Spirit Program, I got to go to the Royal Adelaide Show for free! Of course, I had to pay for membership to begin with earlier this year ... so I guess it's not so much for free, but simply prepaid. Ngyah. Anyway, we went to the show! The atmosphere was fun, Nick and I rode two rides (the Crazy Coaster and the Sky Flyer) while the others rode more. We got separated somewhere through and the phone line was terrible, so I missed out on the other rides. Everything was kind of expensive though. :/


This is the diseased rainbow cow Nick won for me! I think it's adorable in a strange kind of way. I have named it Sugus, because the colours remind me of the taste of Sugus. When Nick won, I had three toys to choose from: a normal coloured cow, a kind of freaky-eyed panda, and Sugus. I took Sugus because he's more colourful than the other boring cow, and the panda was scary looking.

We walked around to see everything, and there were pet shows and stuff. There was also a lot of farm animals! I saw chickens, cows, ducks, piggies and alpacas. The barn area had an option where kids could take photos with the farm animals for a fee. When I was there, two small girls were sitting on the stacks of hay, the older girl cuddling a bunny to her chest while the younger one clutched a chick. The younger girl did not look happy at all - she dropped the chick and started tearing up, so her mother had to go in and give her the bunny that her sister was cuddling instead. So the sister got a duckling, and the photographer tossed random baby animals onto their laps for the picture. It was weird to watch.


Here is one of the dogs we saw at the dog show. It was so big and fluffy oh my goodness. And it was enjoying all the attention! After a while of people patting it and scratching its ears, it rolled onto its side to give us more access. So cute. 


Girls who went together. Sha isn't in the picture unfortunately. Fyra, Nora, Prith, Farah and me! This was taken before we went in. 

Anyways, I had a pretty good time at the show. Wish I could go again, just because it's fun to walk around and look at all the colours and people. It's too expensive though. I already spent so much yesterday, and that's without paying for the entrance fee. Will just have to eat cheaper for the next week or so!

No comments: