Saturday, September 1, 2012

Good Days


From now on, I'm not going to make excuses for myself when I don't update for a very long time! Heh. Let's just always assume that I am busy/lazy and had no motivation to write a blog update. But let's have a quick recap of my life during the past few months.

During the time since February 2012, I've grown up quite a bit, mentally and spiritually. Not physically, although I'd like to think that I've lost some weight, ahem (There's a lot of walking to be done in Adelaide). I've also managed to make a little cosy home for myself here, nestled in this small South Australian town. I won't go into all the details, because there are way too many things I've done this year. It's been amazing, and I'm blessed to be able to experience all of this, Alhamdulillah. I'll just be talking about recent events here.

August was a busy busy month, what with the family visiting and it being the end of Ramadhan. Prayed outdoors for the very first time in my life, and it was beautiful. A week after the first day of raya, there was the Eid Festival at Bonython Park. We went there thinking it would be small ... boy were we wrong!


It was lots of fun. We went on this one ride, some flying carpet thing. They segregated the lines so that men and women had to ride separately, which was something new for me. Heard some of the girls in line complaining that it wasn't the case last year. I understand why they did it though - everyone was pushing into each other. We ended up waiting for about a half hour.


Worth the wait though. It was a super awesome day. I remember waking up that morning feeling pretty good about it. We all had lunch together at Coffee Club at David Jones. Man was the food expensive, but my eggs benedict with smoked salmon was nice. Then coming to this event, it just made things feel really good. Ah, the surprisingly joyous days are the best ones.

A final shout-out of love to my Adelaide family:


You guys are the best. 

No comments: