Friday, January 13, 2012

Pain-ball


Happy New Year! I'm starting 2012 on this little blog of mine with ... PAINTBALL. Last month, Groupon had a deal for this indoor paintball arena at Summit at about RM35 per person with 200 pellets. I've never tried paintball in my life, and always wanted to so I grabbed the chance! Getting people to join was a hassle though. I have to say a big thank you to Sammie's friends who managed to fill in our two empty spots at the last minute. Super grateful for that. :)


Here we are decked out in our gear. Nick, Hannah and Sarah were on my team while Sha, Sammie and her friends made the other team. The first thing I learnt about paintball: It bloody hurts. T_T The first elimination I got was three shots right at my upper thighs. The pain shot right up to my skull, I was kind of taken aback. Stumbled to the safe zone in a daze. Poor Sarah gave up a few rounds into the day, she couldn't take the fear of getting shot, haha.


This is one of the two arenas available at the place. I like this one the best! There're so many place to hide in and be sneaky. There's Sha in the image, crouched and ready to strike. I even got to play a bit of a sniper, since there are steps in the area. That was the best fun. 

I think the best part of everything was the adrenaline rush I got creeping around the area during the dead silence where everyone was waiting for someone else to make a move - there's this fear of getting shot (which hurts, I'm not kidding at all about the pain) and the excitement of the 'hunt'. Not that I lasted very long a lot of the time, I'm pretty easy to shoot by the looks of it. I even got shot in the crotch once ;__;. The pain was blinding, I just toppled over and burst into sobs. What an experience, haha.


Here's my most obvious bruise, on my left arm. It's also one of the smallest. x) My worst one is sitting on my left thigh, it's gotten all purple and splotchy. I got eight bruises all in all. Any other shots I got during the game were all in the helmet area. So yeah, I had fun! It hurt like crazy and I said that I never wanted to do it again ... but now I look back on it, I wouldn't mind. There's something about that adrenaline rush I mentioned earlier that makes up for all the pain. :)

No comments: