Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Eve

I have roughly two hours left before I turn 19.

Around this time as a thirteen year old, I was ridiculously excited.
Why?
In my mind, turning 14 is the age where celebrities are made. Turning 14 was my last shot at being the youngest published author. Turning 14 meant that I was at the right age to find a magical object which will whisk me to another dimension where I will find adventure and romance along with adorable talking animals.

None of that happened but heck, I can dream right?

I've lost all hope of being the youngest published author ever and well, I can forget about going to a magical realm behind a wardrobe door. But my writing dreams have changed into dreams of drawing my own webcomic, and anyway I can have all the adventures I ever wanted just by living. :) Just ... minus the talking animals.

I had thoughts of making this a long sentimental post but ...
Nah.
I didn't want to turn 19 so fast.
But how do you fight the inevitable?
So long 18, you had your good and bad times.
I enjoyed you.

Hey there, 19.
Show me a good time then.
I dare you.
:)

No comments: